Indiana Tourism Awards
The Indiana Tourism Association has updated the award categories. Entries will be accepted beginning mid-November. See below for all categories, requirements and criteria.
- Best Advocacy Initiative: community project, infographic, etc that an organization has used to increase awareness in the local community.
- Best Cooperative Partnership: a brochure, newsletter, promotional piece, direct mail, group sales collateral or industry event that involves a Destination Marketing Organization and at least one other partner (printed or digital).
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign: specifically focused on culinary experiences (printed or digital).
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign: online videos, videos, podcast, email marketing, social media campaigns, digital ads, etc.
- Best Event or Festival: attracts visitors to the area with demonstrated economic impact, including hotel overnight stays and restaurant revenue.
- NEW: Best Merchandise (new item produced specifically to be sold).
- NEW: Best New Experience: celebrates a new experience in an area. Can be a new photo spot, special exhibit or a new attraction.
- Best Overall Marketing Campaign: recognizing creativity, innovation, clearly stated and measured objectives, demonstrated results, etc (print or print/digital combined).
- Best Visitors Guide (county/regional/statewide).
- NEW: Best Brochure (district/attraction/city).
- Best Specialty Item (posters, maps, pins, buttons, mail or free-standing inserts).
- Best Website: based on design, content, innovation, technology, interactivity, copy-writing, etc.
- All entries must designate the organization’s overall marketing budget level: Under $300,000/year or over $300,000/year. Budget level should reflect marketing budget only and should not include staff salaries or operational expenses.
- Eligible projects must be either produced, placed or completed between January 1, 2022-December 31, 2022.
- All entrants must register for the Indiana Tourism Conference and be present at awards event on Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
- Entries can be submitted by Destination Marketing Organizations, Agencies or Industry Partners.
- Entries must be received by Friday, January 13, 2023 at 5pm EST. Absolutely no late entries will be considered.
- Judges reserve the right to forego awarding any category that has less than three entries. Entrants will be refunded if the entry category is not judged.
- Project Description and Content (20 Points): Was the project clearly described, with a clear goal and vision? Was the intent (audience, goals, etc) of the project clearly described?
- Execution and Budget (20 Points): Was the project scope, planning and implementation clearly explained? Was the project successfully executed? Was the budget for the project explained?
- Return on Investment (20 Points): What was the overall success of the project? Did the project have a good/high return on investment? Please include results such as: impressions, call to action, click throughs, social media follows and comparison to previous years stats if applicable.
- Creativity (20 Points): Did the project have good visual appeal? Did the quality of the project look/feel meet or exceed expectations?
- Overall Project Impression (20 Points): Based on the goals and objectives presented, with supported information, was the project a success? Would the project entice visitation?
- Complete one form for each entry and include at least one hi-res image with your entry (to be used at the awards presentation).
- Entries (including the form and accompanying documents) should be submitted via the form below.
- If you are entering for Best Visitors Guide, please mail four hard copies of your entry to be reviewed by the judges by January 13 to the below address. We recommend tracking them to ensure delivery:
- Carrie Lambert, Indiana Tourism Association
- 2715 Ryan Drive
- Indianapolis, IN 46220
- $50 for the first entry, each additional entry is $30.
- Invoice will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
- A confirmation email will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
Deadline to Enter: January 13, 2023 at 5 PM EST.
Fields marked with a • are required.
- AAA Living
- McDaniels Marketing
- AAA Living
- Indiana State Festivals Association
- Ohio Magazine/Long Weekends
- Indiana Destination Development Corporation
- Travel Indiana Magazine
- Edible Indy