Indiana Tourism Awards
The Indiana Tourism Association is bringing back the awards for the 2022 Indiana Tourism Conference. See below for all categories, requirements and criteria.
- COVID Marketing Campaign: With 2020 being a year of uncertainty the tourism industry became creative. Show us your best pivoted or new project from 2020. No cost for this entry. One entry per organization.
- Best Visitors Guide (printed or digital).
- Best Cooperative Partnership: a brochure, newsletter, promotional piece, direct mail or group sales collateral that involves a Destination Marketing Organization and at least one other partner (printed or digital).
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign: online videos, videos, podcast, email marketing, social media campaigns, digital ads, etc.
- Best Website: based on design, content, innovation, technology, interactivity, copy-writing, etc.
- Best Event or Festival: attracts visitors to the area with demonstrated economic impact, including hotel overnight stays and restaurant revenue.
- Best Leisure Travel Marketing Campaign: recognizing creativity, innovation, clearly stated and measured objectives, demonstrated results, etc (printed or digital).
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign: specifically focused on culinary experiences (printed or digital).
- Best Hotel/Lodging Focused Marketing Campaign: specifically focused on accommodations or overnight packages (printed or digital).
- Best Advocacy Initiative: community project, infographic, etc that an organization has used to increase awareness in the local community.
- Best Specialty Item (posters, maps, pins, buttons, mail or free-standing inserts)
- All entries must designate the organization’s overall marketing budget level: Under $300,000/year or over $300,000/year. Budget level should reflect marketing budget only and should not include staff salaries or operational expenses.
- Eligible projects must be produced, placed or completed between January 1, 2021-December 31, 2021.
- All entrants must register for the Indiana Tourism Conference and be present at awards event on Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
- Entries can be submitted by Destination Marketing Organizations, Agencies or Industry Partners.
- Entries must be received by Friday, January 14, 2022 at 5pm EST. Absolutely no late entries will be considered.
- Judges reserve the right to forego awarding any category that has less than three entries. Entrants will be refunded if the entry category is not judged.
- Project Description and Content (20 Points): Was the project clearly described, with a clear goal and vision? Was the intent (audience, goals, etc) of the project clearly described?
- Execution and Budget (20 Points): Was the project scope, planning and implementation clearly explained? Was the project successfully executed? Was the budget for the project explained?
- Return on Investment (20 Points): What was the overall success of the project? Did the project have a good/high return on investment? Please include results such as: impressions, call to action, click throughs, social media follows and comparison to previous years stats.
- Creativity (20 Points): Did the project have good visual appeal? Did the quality of the project look/feel meet or exceed expectations?
- Overall Project Impression (20 Points): Based on the goals and objectives presented, with supported information, was the project a success? Would the project entice visitation?
- Complete one form for each entry and include at least one hi-res image with your entry (to be used at the awards presentation).
- Entries (including the form and accompanying documents) should be submitted via the form below.
- If you are entering for Best Visitors Guide, please mail four hard copies of your entry to be reviewed by the judges to: Carrie Lambert, Indiana Tourism Association, PO Box 55456, Indianapolis, IN 46205. These must be received by January 14, 2022.
- $50 for the first entry, each additional entry is $30.
- Invoice will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
- A confirmation email will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
Deadline to Enter: January 14, 2022 at 5 PM EST.
Fields marked with a • are required.
- We don't have any sponsors yet for this year. If you're interested in sponsoring the conference, please check out our Sponsorships page!