Indiana Tourism Awards
The Indiana Tourism Association has decided to forego the annual Indiana Tourism Awards for 2021. We look forward to accepting award applications for our 2022 annual conference. For future reference, the categories below will continue next year.
- Best Visitors Guide (printed or digital).
- Best Cooperative Partnership: a brochure, newsletter, promotional piece, direct mail or group sales collateral that involves a Destination Marketing Organization and at least one other partner (printed or digital).
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign: online videos, videos, podcast, email marketing, social media campaigns, digital ads, etc.
- Best Website: based on design, content, innovation, technology, interactivity, copy-writing, etc.
- Best Event or Festival: attracts visitors to the area with demonstrated economic impact, including hotel overnight stays and restaurant revenue.
- Best Leisure Travel Marketing Campaign: recognizing creativity, innovation, clearly stated and measured objectives, demonstrated results, etc (printed or digital).
- Best Culinary Focused Marketing Campaign: specifically focused on culinary experiences (printed or digital).
- Best Hotel/Lodging Focused Marketing Campaign: specifically focused on accommodations or overnight packages (printed or digital).
- Best Advocacy Initiative: community project, infographic, etc that an organization has used to increase awareness in the local community.
- Best Specialty Item (posters, maps, pins, buttons, mail or free-standing inserts)
- All entries must designate the organization’s overall marketing budget level: Under $300,000/year or over $300,000/year. Budget level should reflect marketing budget only and should not include staff salaries or operational expenses.
- Eligible projects must be produced, placed or completed between January 1, 2019-December 31, 2019.
- All entrants must register for the Indiana Tourism Conference and be present at awards event on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
- Entries can be submitted by Destination Marketing Organizations, Agencies or Industry Partners.
- Entries must be received by Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5pm EST. Absolutely no late entries will be considered.
- Judges reserve the right to forego awarding any category that has less than three entries. Entrants will be refunded if the entry category is not judged.
- Project Description and Content (20 Points): Was the project clearly described, with a clear goal and vision? Was the intent (audience, goals, etc) of the project clearly described?
- Execution and Budget (20 Points): Was the project scope, planning and implementation clearly explained? Was the project successfully executed? Was the budget for the project explained?
- Return on Investment (20 Points): What was the overall success of the project? Did the project have a good/high return on investment? Please include results such as: impressions, call to action, click throughs, social media follows and comparison to previous years stats.
- Creativity (20 Points): Did the project have good visual appeal? Did the quality of the project look/feel meet or exceed expectations?
- Overall Project Impression (20 Points): Based on the goals and objectives presented, with supported information, was the project a success? Would the project entice visitation?
- Complete one form for each entry and include at least one hi-res image with your entry (to be used at the awards presentation).
- Entries (including the form and accompanying documents) should be submitted via the form below.
- If you are entering for Best Visitors Guide, please mail four hard copies of your entry to be reviewed by the judges to: Carrie Lambert, Indiana Tourism Association, PO Box 55456, Indianapolis, IN 46205. You may also bring your four copies to the January 15 ITA Professional Development Meeting.
- $50 for the first entry, each additional entry is $30.
- Invoice will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
- A confirmation email will be received by the entrant after the entry is received by the ITA.
Deadline to Enter: January 22, 2020 at 5 PM EST.